Vapalux M320 question

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ateallthepies

Native
Aug 11, 2011
hertfordshire
Got myself a couple of these now and another in the post:rolleyes: very addictive these lamps!

Anyway I was on base-camp .co.uk and noticed the wick on these are Asbestos:eek: Now I have no problem with un-disturbed Asbestos and I suspect the army would say something if they were concerned but I was wondering what other M320 owners views are?

I thought the wicks in mine were glass fibre!

Steve.

bilmo-p5

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 5, 2010
west yorkshire
I don't have any M320s but I do have a couple of 1940s 300Xs which may have asbestos priming wicks. I would imagine that with normal use any associated asbestos hazards are negligible if not non-existent. I use a couple of Vapalux wicked priming cups on Tilley Guardsman lanterns I have, and I'm sure they have glass wicks.

dasy2k1

Nomad
May 26, 2009
Manchester
They were originally made with asbestos wicks but this was replaced with glass fibre when asbestos was discovered to be dangerous.

If your wick is white underneath (on the unburnt bits) its probably glass fibre, if it's dark grey it could well be asbestos, it all depends on when the lamp was manufactured and if it's the original priming cup

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE