Vango Talas !00 tent - help?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Looks okay for the money. The problem with tents like these for me, is that there is not much room to sit up, which can make getting in and out of your bag difficult, and very little space to store your kit. The tent in your other post would be a better option in my opinion.

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
Looks okay for the money. The problem with tents like these for me, is that there is not much room to sit up, which can make getting in and out of your bag difficult, and very little space to store your kit. The tent in your other post would be a better option in my opinion.

Yeah, I'm kinda with you there on the height thing. I have a Coleman 2 man (read 1 man) tent which I love but I am trying to shave pack weight. The Coleman is 2.2kg. I would happily Bivvy and Tarp all the time, but having recently had someone go through my kit whilst off for a shower its put me off a bit when using campsites.

Jul 30, 2012
westmidlands
Headroom and condensation problems. The best thing since sliced bread I think these are, especially if your trying to save weigh, as they can go on campsites too!

http://www.appytrails.com/index.html

I may get one or I fancy one made from ventile!

If you like your coleman stick with it, as I can't seem to find a light tent with resonable headreeom anywhere. The only ones I can find are around the 2kg mark. Shame as adding a little weight would make most tents a lot better, you would not catch me paying 500 quid for an Atko, I've been that small expensive tent road before!

rhyan

May 19, 2009
UK
Yeah I do like the Coleman in all honesty. Its been a good (budget) tent.

I am thinking maybe I will take it out one more time before splashing out on a new one.

Then again that one on Ebay looks interesting :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE