Value of Genuine British Army Issue Golok Machete – Joseph Rodgers?

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

snake9068

New Member
Sep 3, 2026
1
0
34
Doncaster
Value of Genuine British Army Issue Golok Machete – Joseph Rodgers (Sheffield) – Unissued Stores Condition with Cardboard Sleeve (LE18)

Hi there. I was hoping someone out there could help me. After 13 years in the army I ended up with all sorts as you can imagine. One of which was a machete I managed to get my hands on. Never touched it. Always been locked away in the garage. But I was going through some stuff and I came across it and thought I'd have a look and see where it was made etc and if its worth anything.

From the research I've done. I have a Joseph Rodgers Jungle Knife, has the NSN on it obviously and still it in original cardboard sheath from when I got it from the stores.

Just want to know what its worth to a collector as I've searched and searched and can't find a single thing about these Jungle Knives that have been manufactured by Joseph Rodgers foe the British Army??

Also not sure how as I've never posted on a forum before, but can I upload a picture so people can see for themselves and give me their opinion. Thanks
 
Hello and welcome to the forum.
I shortened your thread title and pasted the original into your post. It is best to keep titles shorter rather than make the title a complete sentence or include all the information.

Pasting photos, best done (for free) using BBCode from
https://imgbb.com/. Just use the blue upload button near top and ignore the Pro account asking for payment. Copy the BBCode link and paste that direct into your post here.

A photo is needed because your description is confusing without it. A golok is not a machete and the Joseph Rodgers Jungle Knife is neither a golok nor a machete but a particular manufacturer’s version of the MOD Type D Survival Knife.

This is what one finds for the Joseph Rodgers Jungle Knife if one searches.
IMG_1184.png
Values for new examples seem to vary a little but UK prices sensibly under £100. Not sure whether something issued within last 13 years will gain much premium from that status.

When you say you could find no information, what kind of information were you looking for? Just value, tech spec, or history?

Atb

Chris
 
One of these?

 
In the event that we are actually talking about the actual UK MOD golok style machete, the fakes have pushed actual selling values down quite a bit in the USA.

I am not referring to copies, like the Condor, but outright fakers, including the markings. Since the fakes appear genuine and have the same markings buyers either buy these cheap Asian fakes thinking that the genuine article is supposed to be priced like a piece of trash made from an old hunk of truck body. Even the current made Martindale golok is a pale shadow of what they were, when they were made in the UK.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE