Utility-knife.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Very nice knife! Am i right in saying RWL-34 steel is designed for skinning etc and wouldnt really keep an edge in the day to day rigors a normal bushcraft knife would be put through?

Nektarios

Settler
Jul 5, 2010
Denmark
www.np-knifes.dk
Thanks for your kind words
But I have to say that you’re not right RWL-34 is a very god steel and really can keep an edge very well , kitchen knives are made from this steel to.

Cheers
NP

Nektarios

Settler
Jul 5, 2010
Denmark
www.np-knifes.dk
Ah, professor google has lied to me!

RWL-34. Stainless-steel:D:D

Made by a small firm in Sweden, it is specifically designed for hunting knives. With a hunting knife, the prime concern is edge retention.
You want a sharp knife that stays sharp as long as possible.
The grain is exceptionally fine, which allows the edge to be ground to the sharpest possible edge.
It is possible to get a sharp edge on almost any steel, but holding it is the trick.
Because of the fine grain, the edge is free of burrs. Combined with the high hardness of Rc 61 it stays sharper for longer.

Cheers
NP

Totumpole

Native
Jan 16, 2011
Cairns, Australia
Same article on google confused me a bit by saying this:
"It does not need toughness or flexibility because you won’t be using it for chopping, prying or whittling."

Anyway, beautiful knife, good luck with the sale!

Colin

chas

Feb 22, 2006
mid essex
It's a pity you withdrew the pictures of this knife, 'cos I thought it was spot on, the grind looked useful and the price was right. good luck selling this I wish I had the money, cheers mate.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE