Using an expresso or moka pot to distill water.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Boucaneer

Forager
Dec 2, 2012
London
Right, I might carve a spout shaped cork from a champaign cork with a hose/tube in the cork to insulate it and fit inside the spout and run the steam up through that after removing the gasket.

On a solo stove or simple gasifier or small rocket stove it should be economic on the fuel and I hope it would distil and condense enough in the worm/condensing tube to make a cup of tea/coffee from seawater.

Worth a try, I have seen very simple distilation designs now, the only thing keeping me to the coffee pot design is I like duel purpose designs. Silly but true.

Failing that, here's a very simple distilation technique that I may adapt and make smaller with various articles of my kit. May even use a few pop or beer cans with the tops cut out in an emergancy, use a strip or can for the funnel/condensation plate formed in a V shaped ridge bridge.
bR1GrUE.jpg

I'm going to live in a very brackish area, most of the lakes and rivers are half salt water mix so it's good to be prepared.

I will keep you informed.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE