Uses for 550 Paracord inners?

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
I have tons from previous projects (mostly between 3 and 5 foot lengths, some 8 feet) and managed to fashion a basic gill net (spacing is a bugger this small!), but I'm wondering what other uses you creative lot have for these slippery beasts?

dsc06170d.jpg

Essexman

Forager
Jul 26, 2010
Essex
Never thought of any uses, I just bin the inner cords when gutting the cord. Although my children have great fun "playing" with it sometimes, it ends up all over the place!

swright81076

Tinkerer
Apr 7, 2012
Castleford, West Yorkshire
Tbh I prefer to not strip out the inners.

On the odd times I have though, I've used it for stitching, I find when stripped to single strand that it bunches up.

Teeth flossing, repaired a broken longbow. (Wood glue on the join, inner core wrapped around the break and coated with araldite.)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Androo

Nomad
Dec 8, 2010
NW UK
Thanks guys, I hate to throw stuff out, espeically when it has strength and aint cheap!
And I noticed that someone in another thread had said they use it for heavy stitching. I might make some more gill nets with it and just had a tad of inspiration, perhaps use it for incorpirating into the mushroom baskets I intend to design and make some time this year, the nets would make great extra carriers or layers in the basket for good airation, and if I can fashion a bag from the net, then that bag could be used for a myriad of carrying functions and another configuration of net would make for good drying 'platforms' at camp or at home.
Paracord inner bags...hmm, I'd best get my pad an pencil out!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE