Useful map resource for those interested in our antiquated past.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
First off, these links are only for Welshers, or Scots or those visiting these fair lands. I don't know if there's anything like it for Englalond.

I've been using the Welsh site for years now, indeed whenever I'm planning a trip, be it a days hike, overnighter or longer, I always check if I'm going anywhere near a site recorded as being ancient. I will deviate as needed, from my route just to visit a site that has pricked my interest. I've discovered things that I've always walked past, thanks to this brilliant resource. Its easy to navigate, very user friendly in my opinion.
Simply zoom in on the map, select an area, as big, or as small as you want and it will list the sites, description, with OS data, grid refs, photos.

Enjoy, and sorry if you get addicted to it, and for the extra miles it may add to your usual strolls.

http://map.coflein.gov.uk/index.php?ency=en

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I wish there was something like this for Englalond. Think there's one for Scotland though.

quietone

May 29, 2011
Wales
I wonder how many of you went straight to your own street first? I started there at first. It's interesting to see what's just on your doorstep, that you didn't know about.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE