Useful Bushcraft areas in the Netherlands

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JayKay

Hi there,

Thanks for reading my post.

As a follow up of the question Rhapsody asked about "Useful Bushcraft areas around the UK?", I was wondering are there any sutable places for bushcraft in the Netherlands.

For myself I know Otterlo and surroundings is quite a good place.

Jeroen

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
i live in the randstad, don't come here for bushcraft ! the "groene hart" really isn't bushy at all ! Does anyone know a place accesable with public transport and not to far away from zuid holland ?

eraaij

Settler
Feb 18, 2004
Arnhem
Around Arnhem there is plenty of forest, the Veluwe is nice but lots of little green men in Suzuki Vitara's over there :wink: .

The Northern part of The Netherlands has some great forested country too. With less people around.

U

UrbanSpirit

can you help me to find the shops selling equipment or outdoor product in Amsterdam Holland ?

May be some websites ?

Thank you

pe1pme

Dec 17, 2004
Utrecht, the Netherlands
There is a beautiful piece of nature called "Loonse en Drunense duinen" near Loon op Zand, a small village near my hometown Tilburg, with lots of woods and lots of sanddunes, some of them about 3 square kilometers!
The Dutch Army used it for many years as their "playground" and I had a lot of good times when I was a youngster. Even the soldiers trusted my knowledge of that area when they were lost....... :rolmao:
I've teached there many of my scouts the noble arts of mapreading and the basic skills of bushcraft. :pack:

Here you find a map (it's big: 7Mb!!!):

http://www.xs4all.nl/~pe1pme/44HWaalwijk.JPG

Another fine place I know is the Ginkelse Heide near Ede-Wageningen. I've played there a lot when I was in the Army. (in Ede you' will find the barracks of the Dutch Signalcorps and the Artillery)

greetings,
Wim

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE