Used my Victorinox Hunter properly for the first time!

spandit

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
I bought a locking Victorinox Hunter years ago but have never really used it. The gutting blade is a short, curved, serrated affair and I used it on a rabbit for the first time last night!

Got £1.50 each at the butcher which paid for the ammo...

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
Actually using RWS 40gr subs which are very quiet and cost 9.6p each so earned enough to buy 78 rounds and only shot about 15 :)

slowworm

May 8, 2008
Devon
I think .50 cal surplus ammo is about £9 a round these days...

Back to bunnies, are there many about your way? For the first time in a few years there seems enough about on my woodland to take a few for the pot.

sxmolloy

Mar 22, 2006
lancashire, north west england
I bought a locking Victorinox Hunter years ago but have never really used it. The gutting blade is a short, curved, serrated affair and I used it on a rabbit for the first time last night!

I have one of these which to be honest I never use, but a couple of nights ago I was sorting through my folders and just lightly ran my thumb over the gutting blade, made a nice neat cut over the tip, suprisingly sharp blades!

Macaroon

A bemused & bewildered
Jan 5, 2013
SE Wales
Really up to pest numbers here - we are shooting them just for pest control

We can't keep up with them down here; it's been long and many a year since the coneys have been in such numbers, they're in the gardens, on the roads and on some paddocks and meadows you can see them by the score in the middle of the day. Those in the lane and the gardens are bold as brass and can hardly be bothered to get out of your way, or even that of the dog! There's only so many she can catch when it's this warm and humid,and it wouldn't make a dent in them...........

Trouble is now, I fear, we'll see the infamous and deadly "Black Rabbit" on the ground before long...............but I really hope not........................

ozzy1977

Jan 10, 2006
Henley
Great knives, I regret passing mine on.

Rabbits were in plague proportions until last years when they got obliterated by Mixy, we haven't had an eatable one in the garden for a year now.

spandit

Jul 6, 2011
East Sussex, UK
A bit quiet on the farm last night but still masses around. Wind wasn't in our favour hence the small bag but with an HMR I probably would have got a few more - not as saleable, though

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE