Used Knives - Best place to look/buy?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nov 23, 2022
Inverness
Hi, I was wondering where the best place to buy secondhand knives might be?
I know there are some for sale on here, mostly bushcraft knives - obviously! But looking at folders to add to the collection.

Last edited by a moderator:

hughtrimble

Jan 23, 2012
UK/France

Robson Valley

Nov 24, 2014
McBride, BC
Look for estate sales. You don't know who collects what until you see it.

I bought a very good set of 7 wood carving knives, twice removed, from an estate sale. I was 3 days away from joining the blade smith's wood carving class when he died. Years later, a carver on the Gulf Coast had a set of Mike Komick's knives from an estate sale to part with. Not a day passes as I use them that I don't think of the guy.

brambles

Settler
Apr 26, 2012
Aberdeenshire
Look for estate sales. You don't know who collects what until you see it.

I bought a very good set of 7 wood carving knives, twice removed, from an estate sale. I was 3 days away from joining the blade smith's wood carving class when he died. Years later, a carver on the Gulf Coast had a set of Mike Komick's knives from an estate sale to part with. Not a day passes as I use them that I don't think of the guy.
We don't really have those at all in the UK. Here an estate sale literally means buying an estate - thousands of acres of land for many millions! Generally speaking when someone dies, either their relatives keep and distribute belongings or employ someone to do a house clearance and the items get split up and sold as second hand retail.

Reactions: Robson Valley

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE