USB Wristbands

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I'm not so convinced, you'd be surprised what some folks can whip of a wrist or out of a pocket even when you think you are paying attention. Maybe rather a few very small USB sticks in and around your gear with anything other than a return postal address encrypted. Or email yourself the documents to a couple email providers, when you need the details, find a cybercafe and look up those emails.

One tip I can provide for folks who are travelling, make sure the very first photo on your digital camera memory cards is of an email and postal address, you never know some kind hearted thief might keep the camera but return your precious travel photos to you.

Thanks for posting.

:)

Goatboy

Jan 31, 2005
Scotland
I'm not so convinced, you'd be surprised what some folks can whip of a wrist or out of a pocket even when you think you are paying attention. Maybe rather a few very small USB sticks in and around your gear with anything other than a return postal address encrypted. Or email yourself the documents to a couple email providers, when you need the details, find a cybercafe and look up those emails.

One tip I can provide for folks who are travelling, make sure the very first photo on your digital camera memory cards is of an email and postal address, you never know some kind hearted thief might keep the camera but return your precious travel photos to you.

Thanks for posting.

:)

Great tip on the camera, like that one.

I've always stuck to the emailing myself version when travelling I must admit, just thought if someone has a medical condition and they're incapacitated it would be a good idea. But yeas being carefull of theft is a good point. I used to have a false wallet with a couple of unused loyalty cards and a few low denomination notes so that if held up they'd hopefully take it and run. (Never been put to the test thankfully). That and a wooden doorwedge to put under door when asleep or in the shower so that they can't get into room.

My little homemade ankle stash was good too.

I've always been really lucky abroad - but then I'm also pretty aware of what's going on around me.

Cheers,
GB.

greensurfingbear

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Not a bad idea that. Be better if they were encrypted to make them extra safe. Prior to USB sticks I emailed myself my national insurance passport and driver licence numbers along with phone numbers for friends family insurance company and banks.

Orric

Hog On Ice

Nomad
Oct 19, 2012
Virginia, USA
similar idea - a USB watch - http://www.yankodesign.com/2011/11/07/the-usb-watch-is-so-geeky/

usb_watch.jpg

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE