US Army Jungle Hammock

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
I have a US Army USMC Vietnam Era Jungle Hammock, it's been my spare hammock which I mainly carry in my day sac. Does anyone have any info on these hammocks, it is only got US stamped on it.

Globetrotter.uk

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 24, 2008
Norwich UK
The only markings on it is the US stamp and a small number 17 at the end. It fits the description if the single jungle hammock which the soldier used his poncho as a tarp. I will measure it and try to take some photos of it too.

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
The only markings on it is the US stamp and a small number 17 at the end. It fits the description if the single jungle hammock which the soldier used his poncho as a tarp. I will measure it and try to take some photos of it too.

The ones issued to the Army and Marine Corps had the tarp sewn to it with a bug net between. It sounds like you have a Nvy issue one for shipboard use.

Oops. I stand corrected. Aparently there was a later issued one without the netting and tent attached.

Last edited:

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Mine was just a bog standard hammock. Gave it away to someone here a few years back. It was quite heavy compared to civvie hammocks IIRC.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE