Urban foxes

treadlightly

Jan 29, 2007
Powys
Living in London I am used to seeing foxes around and about all the time, but last night's encounter was extra special.

I was walking along a busy street, near a parade of shops at around 10.30pm when up sauntered a fox looking totally relaxed. I stopped and it got to within a few feet of me and just watched me, again relaxed and unbothered by my proximity. I spoke to it like I might a dog and it looked at me again then just ambled off, crossed a busy road and was gone.

They are beautiful animals and it was amazing to get so close.

It just goes to show not all bushy experiences happen in the countryside.

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I've lived in the countryside all my life but the best views of foxes I've had are in urban areas. Like corvids woodpigeons and squirrels they don't get hassled by men with guns in towns.

Gaudette

Aug 24, 2012
Cambs
I few years ago i was visiting my wifes auntie in London i saw a peregrine take out a pidgeon, a whale in the river , and the fox at the bottom of the garden.

--------------------------------------------
"If we had some bacon we could have bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs"

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
My local fox is very cautious.

The best encounters with wildlife Ive had are when I've been up to my chest in a river somewhere.

Animals seem to lose their fear, when they come across half a man.

Elen Sentier

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oh Wow, how lovely! Not lived in London since 1999 but we used to see them a lot when we lived in Balham. They used to come right up to the french windows and look in at us; one winter night I heard the vixen calling so went to the window to watch ... a dog ame and they mated right there about 10 feet away. When it came to cub time I'd always make sure there was a bit of food available if she needed it. She had her den under a seat-constrution we'd built in the top corner of the garage. Don't see them in the same way out here, have to go out and sit in the woods.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE