Uploading pics-problem

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
I have read British Reds tutorial, the problem is that when I try to start a new thread and insert a picture- thre is no toolbar so no image icon for me to click on.
Taken as a given that I am being very stupid- what am I doing wrong ?

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Check you have the Standard editor selected rather than Basic in User CP/Edit Options.

This might fix it or I could be miles off

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
As Rich (Shewie) says:

Go to your User CP (top left hand corner), select Edit Options (left hand menu) - under Settings & Options. Then, scroll down to the bottom of the page to Miscellanneous Options. Here you have drop box. Yours says Basic Editor - a simple reply box.
Change this to Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls.

HTH, if not - let us know

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Yup, got the toolbar now thanks.
Of course, life is never simple- I still cannot upload or copy pictures into a post. I click on the insert pic icon, put in the link to the image hosting service and.......nothing happens.
Any ideas welcomed, I am so fed up having spent hours trying to simply paste a picture into a post. Others can do it- why not me ?

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
Are you putting in the link to the picture or the link to the site that hosts the picture.

A link to the site would look a bit like this:
Code:
http://www.somesite.com
A link to the picture hosted on the site would look like this:
Code:
http://www.somesite.com/photos/image1.jpg

Ps - where are you hosting?

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
Tried image shack and did use the full link to the image- but thanks for trying !
Its probably me being dim, but I am totally baffled by it.

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
I use http://www.photobucket.com for my hosting, you do have to sign up but it's a lot easier to add pics to the forums from it.
It's more like an online gallery so you can see what you have and edit and delete pics if you want too. The best bit is that it's free! :D

I did do a tutorial on the image shack uploads and links but for some reason it didn't want to work. I would suggest photobucket instead.

Image hosted by Photobucket
goodpicfornow.jpg

bigbear

May 1, 2008
Yorkshire
OK, last time before I just give up trying as a bad job.
I have put pics on photobucket.
I click on the insert image icon, I copy into the box the ref from Photobucket and.....nothing happens.

Why is it always me that cannot get supposedly simple stuff to work ? I would have been much happier in the days of quill pens...........

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE