University Society in need of woodland access

Oct 21, 2015
Cambridge
Hi all,

I don't know if this is the right forum to post this in - if not let me know.

I have recently set up a bushcraft-related Society at Cambridge University and everything is going very well so far. However, what we really need at the moment is a woodland that we can wild camp in, preferably not too far from, or in, Cambridgeshire. I was wondering if there were any private woodland owners out there, or any that anyone knows of who might consider the possibility of allowing us to use their woodland for occasional overnight trips, subject to any rules they may impose, and of course their presence on our trips if they so desire?

Any questions, please let me know!

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Cambridge University owns large areas of land, can't they lend you some? Or perhaps some of the colleges.

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
You lot should be very smart and able to figure this out without our help. :) Britains future leaders and all that.....

Palaeocory

Forager
Hi CUPLSS, we run a similar society at Oxford University (the Oxford Palaeotechnology Society), and have a good friend who works in bushcraft and we often use the private land he has permission to use for his work. Hopefully you can set up a similar relationship, I'd imagine this is a good site to meet someone like that.

We're in Oxfordshire obviously and it's a bit far, but you'd be welcome to join us some time on any of our events :) Join forces and all that... (that goes for anyone on the forum too, the society is run through Oxford uni but has lots of people from other unis and non-students!)

Oct 21, 2015
Cambridge
Hi CUPLSS, we run a similar society at Oxford University (the Oxford Palaeotechnology Society), and have a good friend who works in bushcraft and we often use the private land he has permission to use for his work. Hopefully you can set up a similar relationship, I'd imagine this is a good site to meet someone like that.

We're in Oxfordshire obviously and it's a bit far, but you'd be welcome to join us some time on any of our events :) Join forces and all that... (that goes for anyone on the forum too, the society is run through Oxford uni but has lots of people from other unis and non-students!)

That's exactly what we're looking for. Haven't had much luck but we'll keep looking. Thanks also for the invitation to link up, as soon as we've established what we're doing a bit more that sounds a great idea. If you ever want to suggest something please get in contact!

@boatman, I'll have a look at the vikings and see where they go. And yeah, you're absolutely right, but unfortunately all the Uni owned woodland I'm aware of is used for research purposes and so off limits to us. I've already tried!

@ged, Cheers, I'll have a look.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE