United cutlery uk

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
can't comment about the company but that looks like junk to me

having a 30% nylon reinforced handle alone suggests It'll last 5 mins of actual cutting use

the add itself could also be interpreted as breaking the law, adding the word zombie is no defense ;)

Sep 24, 2012
kent
Cheers Jared I'll be looking into that later on. Corso I'm not gonna be using it for anything heavy or walking around with it, it's just for mucking around with.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
what you use it for is your business mate the law just dictates items cannot be marketed as weapons, adding the word Zombie is unlikely to be a valid defense

but back to the product - I'd look at coldsteel hawks before I spent the cash on a lump of cheap metal attached to a plastic pole ;)

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I'm looking to buy something from here http://www.unitedcutleryknives.co.uk/ and have read some bad reviews about the shop, and was wondering if anyone on here has had any dealings with them ?

I do not know the shop, there so many business out there that if I read more than one bad review for one I usually shop elsewhere.

I can recommend Heinnie, purveyors of knifes axes and what not, the service is always excellent, if they say they have something in stock it always is, delivery is speedy, however they do not sell the axe type thing you are looking at.

However for about the same price they will sell you a Cold Steel tomahawk, which I wouldn't have, however I'd be less embarrassed to own one of these than the item in question. :)

Sep 24, 2012
kent
I'm looking at cold steel hawks too, a trail hawk for a bit of a project and to be honest i looking at the m84 with a black handle as the zombie bit dose nothing for me. ( my weapon of chose come the zombie apocalypse would be a cold steel spiked hawk )

Sep 24, 2012
kent
The shop's FB and Twitter account is Bronzemoon is which is the shop that I've heard bad things. I'm not a bush crafter I want it for messing around.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
The shop's FB and Twitter account is Bronzemoon is which is the shop that I've heard bad things. I'm not a bush crafter I want it for messing around.

dont touch bronzemoon - and best not qualify what messing around means - just mind your fingers ;)

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
>>> I'm not gonna be using it for anything heavy or walking around with it, it's just for mucking around with.

What, exactly, do you mean by 'mucking around with'?

And, to be honest, in the unlikely event I were to be stopped and searched that isn't an axe that I'd like to try to explain a need for ;) . I reckon you can get a better axe for less money :D

Not come across the company before. I had a quick look but couldn't find the bad reviews you mention, would you care to share a link or two? It'd be interesting to see whether people have complained about the company itself or kit they sell.

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Bronzemoon Outdoors.
2nd Floor,145-157 St John Street
London
EC1V 4PY
United Kingdom.

United Cutlery Knives UK
2nd Floor,145-157 St John Street
London
EC1V 4PY
United Kingdom.

AVOID

Sep 24, 2012
kent
What, exactly, do you mean by 'mucking around with'?

And, to be honest, in the unlikely event I were to be stopped and searched that isn't an axe that I'd like to try to explain a need for ;) . I reckon you can get a better axe for less money :D

Not come across the company before. I had a quick look but couldn't find the bad reviews you mention, would you care to share a link or two? It'd be interesting to see whether people have complained about the company itself or kit they sell.

I'm military and about 2-3 times a year I DS on a course, so I will be mostly be chopping kindling and throwing it in stumps and trying to look cool with it when the students are about. Most of the other " tactical " tomahawks are out of my price range.

decorum

May 2, 2007
Warwickshire
I will be mostly be chopping kindling and throwing it in stumps and trying to look cool with it when the students are about.

_Could_ look cool but, and far far more likely, you could easily end up looking a complete prat and lose (or fail to gain) the respect of the students you're trying to impress ~ your call.

plastic-ninja

Jan 11, 2011
cumbria
I'm military and about 2-3 times a year I DS on a course, so I will be mostly be chopping kindling and throwing it in stumps and trying to look cool with it when the students are about. Most of the other " tactical " tomahawks are out of my price range.
It does look a bit of a nightmare & the sort of thing that might not contribute to "cool", even with students.
Having said that it is slightly less ludicrous than many of the tactical tomaxes I've seen around.Still pretty silly though.
Its your cash though; spend it as you see fit.
Simon

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none

Seriously you want to show that to a bunch of squaddie?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE