Unfortunate Ginger

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I have been suffering from the runs this wekend.

I am not ill, (couldnt feel better!) so I suspect some gippy food.

The New Thing I have been eating this past week. (not everyday and to no real excess) is Asdas ginger and date fruitbread.

Ginger can have an effect on the stomach; is this what is upsetting me, do you think?

Though I like ginger beer, I dont normaly eat the stuff.

think Ill try it on my Dad, who loves crystalised ginger...Nor does it give him any ill effects.

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Some stomach bugs are viral espeically during the winter. You can pick bugs like noravirus from surfaces, the infection is normally mild. Although it is nick named the winter vomiting bug the symptoms vary.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Norovirus/Pages/Introduction.aspx

i have found eating stilton or anothher type of very mature cheese with visable mold can shorten the infection.

This thread might be better placed in the medical section.

tenderfoot

Nomad
May 17, 2008
north west uk
it will be the dates not the ginger, possibly with added sweetener . think dates a bit like figs. syrup of figs as laxative ,some sweeteners also. it will wear off just keep up your fluid intake.

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
I like dates and have eaten them to excess...No effect.

rang my surgery and they are testing me for serious bugs, but really they suspect a simple infection.

it `has` been three days, though. Last night was very miserable.

I suspect this bug has shares in bog roll and alcohol hand cleaner...

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Some stomach bugs are viral espeically during the winter. You can pick bugs like noravirus from surfaces, the infection is normally mild. Although it is nick named the winter vomiting bug the symptoms vary.

http://www.nhs.uk/conditions/Norovirus/Pages/Introduction.aspx

i have found eating stilton or anothher type of very mature cheese with visable mold can shorten the infection.

This thread might be better placed in the medical section.

Just had the pleasure of the NOVO for nearly a week and it was horrendous. Aching limbs and nausea for 3 days and that's before the RECKONING which involves both ends to the point where you want to cry. Next day is better and day 5 felling ok but also like you have just run a Marathon. Luckily my missus and I got it on different days so we could half look after each other and our little boy.

bearbait

I eat or drink quite a lot of plain yoghurt (the full-fat stuff when I can get it) as I believe it helps with the gut flora. I take and drink water from various sources (filtered if it's from the "wild") on my travels in hot, warm and cold places and can't really recall any significant botty problems - apart from full-on food poisoning from dodgy fish in Turkey. You can add chopped dried fruit and nuts to it as a pud. Or you can dilute yoghurt with water to make a drink like Lassi or Ayran. I also use it with, or in, curries. Works for me, anyway.

Keep hydrated and I hope you're well again soon.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE