Ultralight Alcohol

ex-member BareThrills

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 5, 2011
United Kingdom
Stumbled across this in ASDA last night and have to say its not bad tasting with a mixer. Nice not to have a bottle to dispose of and guess it could be reused. It was £7.50

69a03185.jpg

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
????

Why would you put malt in a Nalgene?

If you are that bothered by weight - leave the whisky at home!

And....why would you drink bourbon. Period.? Its blended, its bourbon, you can buy an acceptable malt for less. Just.....why?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
????

Why would you put malt in a Nalgene?

If you are that bothered by weight - leave the whisky at home!

And....why would you drink bourbon. Period.? Its blended, its bourbon, you can buy an acceptable malt for less. Just.....why?

It depends on the bourbon Red, you should try a few with an open mind. Makers Mark is very nice as is Wild Turkey. They taste nice, just because its a blend does not make it a bad drink. I enjoy some bourbons as I do a good whiskey, blended or single malt...I enjoy armagnac and calvados and akvavit; variety is the spice of life really.

mountainm

Bushcrafter through and through
Jan 12, 2011
Selby
www.mikemountain.co.uk
It depends on the bourbon Red, you should try a few with an open mind. Makers Mark is very nice as is Wild Turkey. They taste nice, just because its a blend does not make it a bad drink. I enjoy some bourbons as I do a good whiskey, blended or single malt...I enjoy armagnac and calvados and akvavit; variety is the spice of life really.

Rik is right, buffalo trace is a great bourbon too.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
I've tried plenty of them. Nast, sweet, perfumed and not a patch on the real thing.

Bourbon is to Whisky what "Harveys Bristol Cream" is to sherry.

Bourbon is like life - a pale imitation of the real thing.

outdoorpaddy

Nomad
Mar 21, 2011
Northern Ireland
Everybody, Red has spoken! If he doesn't like it then no one can, I thought we were all familiar with this policy?
I haven't actually got a clue about whisky, only that Jack Daniels is poop and only tastes decent in coke although I do appreciate a Black Bush on ice, very tasty.
Cheers

paddy

mousey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 15, 2010
NE Scotland
Personally I find alcohol is alot lighter once I've drunk it, therefore I try and drink as much as possible before I go out...

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE