UK TV Documentary into prepping/survivalism

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

naomi86

Mar 8, 2012
London
Hi,

I work for an Independent TV Production Company in London, and we are developing a documentary that would be looking at all aspects of the prepping community, from new starters to established preppers and survival experts. It will also look across the diverse reasons to as why people prep from economic breakdown and rising food prices to **** scenarios.
We are trying to talk to people involved in the prepping/survivalist communties, who are happy to tell us about their preps and why they prep.

Ideally we want to feature as wide a range of preppers as possible and obviously we know that the 'survivalist' type of prepper that is apparent in the USA just doesn't exist here, but we want to show a truthfull representation of the UK prepping scene.

It would be great to speak to any of you further about you experiences with prepping and find out more about yourself.
If you are able to reply to my email or drop me a line it would be much appreciated- my contact details are:

naomi.banat at bullseyetv.co.uk
0203 189 3510

I look forward to hopefully hearing from you.
Best Wishes,
Naomi
naomi.banat at bullseyetv.co.uk | www.bullseyetv.co.uk | www.zodiakmedia.com

Last edited by a moderator:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
T'would have been courteous to ask the Boss first though :rolleyes:

I think she'd be better off asking on prepper forums tbh.

M

Last edited:

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Okay, I have moved the thread to Introductions and Welcomes.

Naomi86, I'm taking this post as your first mention where you are allowed to say what you do when it has any commercial interest.
Please go and read the rules you agreed to when you joined the forum.
They can be found here
http://www.bushcraftuk.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=41

BcUK is a family friendly forum with very few rules, but we do have some on self promotion and advertising......you represent a commercial venture, it would have been courteous to speak to the site owner, Tony Bristow, before you posted multiple copycat threads.
He can be contacted at admin (at) bushcraftuk.com

In the meantime I have removed one thread and moved this one into Intros.
Your understanding would be appreciated.

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
When it first cropped up on the forum a couple of years back I had to go and look it up too ..........I kind of thought it was some kind of school association :)

cheers,
Toddy

Ichneumon

Nomad
Jul 4, 2011
Lancashire (previously Dartmoor)
but we want to show a truthfull representation of the UK prepping scene.

That'd be a first! All interviewees will either be grizzled old men with grey beards or barbie dolls with generous assets - ideally both living together out of wedlock in the woods, with a nuclear bunker under the nearest rock. The program won't be interesting to viewers (why did I nearly type proles?) unless they only portray complete nutters, even if selective editing is required to achieve this. You can't have normal looking people with normal jobs appearing on TV (unless that's what makes them seem weird) - much too boring. These programs work to a formula: Show how weird people can be and add sex if you can.

Think I'm too cynical? Check out the recent histories of Time Team and Country File.

Cynical? Maybe. Prepped? Definately - for these truth-benders!

I go to wild places, where truth cannot be corrupted by weasel-words, to get away from these vultures. They have created a perception of the world I'd rather not contribute to.

P.S. This post is tongue in cheek - but not much.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Such people have been kicking around for years. No serious prepper I know would appear on their shows - indeed previous incarnations of the breed have led to "no jounalists" rules on most prepper forums.

On one forum the rule is "no journos except John Fenna" :D

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Such people have been kicking around for years. No serious prepper I know would appear on their shows - indeed previous incarnations of the breed have led to "no jounalists" rules on most prepper forums.

On one forum the rule is "no journos except John Fenna" :D
Now I know I am "Special" :)
The only time I ever gave an interview it was to what I thought of as Quality press - The Sunday Times Colour Supplement.
They had been given my name and details by a third party - as a "Survival Expert"!:rolleyes:
They interviewed me about "The Millenium" (in the wrong yer like most of the press hype) and the dangers of the year 2000.
They twisted my words to make me sound like a TOTAL loony (not just the charming excentric I realy am) and I was almost inclined to sue for defamation....
Since then I do not trust the media one little bit - and I myself am a journo!
Not all journos are slimy, word twisting, dirt digging, money grubbing, phone hacking, doorstepping creeps - just (it would seem) the majority of them!

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Indeed John,

My attitutde to such people is to ask "what fee are you offering"?

along with

"do you grant the right of the interviewee to see and veto the finished product"?

In most cases the answer to both is "none and no".

Which translates as "we intend to make money out of you and ensure we keep it all. We won't compensate you in any way and reserve the right to twist, selectively edit and mis-portray what you say to ensure we can sensationalise the topic"

Be interested to see the answers to those two questions from the OP - but given she has posted her advert, I doubt she will be back

Red

Last edited:

Delta Tubs

Oct 8, 2011
Aberdeen Scotland
Ah this is where the thread went! I had a email from them about the documentary asking if I was interested just because I bought some mountain house packs from Emergency food storage,no connection.

Anyway I'm to busy rotating my food stock too take part:lmao:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE