UK House buying terminology...Help.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
THB, most of them are fine, but it must be the training they go through that makes them a bit cocksure.

Another one was sat in our front room telling us how successful he is, when my son came home on leave from the army, before joining up(at 23)he did a number of different jobs including being a doorman locally so had bit of a reputation. The estate agent had obviously had an "issue" with him at some stage in the past, as he went quiet, pale & made his excuses & left !

Rob

Chainsaw

Native
Jul 23, 2007
Central Scotland
Forward planning there's nothing wrong with that mate.
We're not getting back home til the end of next Feb but we've been planning this for months from short listed hotels looing at rental home prices to getting a storage unit for our stuff to planning every step of the journey. I even have PDF's of RDU - IAD - LHR the three airports we are going through, Hell I've even looked up the cost and times of trains from London to Exeter.:)

Hey there,

I assume you know there's a daily direct RDU-LHR flight by American/BA. It's not the cheapest option but it saves a connection. It's an ok flight, ~9 hrs, I'm over every 2 or 3 months and am doing it again on Monday!

My father used to live in a holiday type home, looked like this.

DSCF3344swirl_zps59d45a74.jpg

Was adequate for his means but as people say, insulation was terrible and to be honest I wouldn't want to live there. There were no real restrictions though so it may vary based on the site. A real house or apartment is the way to go if you have the means

HTH,

Alan

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Hey there,

I assume you know there's a daily direct RDU-LHR flight by American/BA. It's not the cheapest option but it saves a connection. It's an ok flight, ~9 hrs, I'm over every 2 or 3 months and am doing it again on Monday!

Was adequate for his means but as people say, insulation was terrible and to be honest I wouldn't want to live there. There were no real restrictions though so it may vary based on the site. A real house or apartment is the way to go if you have the means

HTH,

Alan

We do know about the direct RDU-LHR flight but as you said it's not the cheapest and as we're planning on flying first class (Trust me it's going to be our LAST long haul flight) as my wife wants to do it in style the RDU-IAD-LHR seems the best route for the outlay. The last time was from LGW - MSP in coach and we said never again.

I might have to look into the direct flight and try to persuade her that's the way to do it, especially as she hates connecting flights.

You're right a house ot apartment is the best way to go and besides it's only for maybe 12 to 18 months while we look into buying land and putting up our own house (finances willing that is)

Thanks mate,
Malc.

boatman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Cornwall
Will finding a property be your biggest problem? Residency and visa requirements sorted?

TarHeelBrit

Mar 13, 2014
Alone now.
Will finding a property be your biggest problem? Residency and visa requirements sorted?

We sent the visa application off the other week, Honestly I can't see there being any problems I know it doesn't mean much these days what with all the sham marriages going on but we've been married for 14 years and my wife is of independant means so she satisfies the self supporting (no public funds) requirements.

Malc,

Exeter is my old home and one or two of the guys who frequent "the other place" still live there. I'm sure we can tell you waht areas are good and bad :)

Red

Thanks mate I'll probably take you up on that. Actually it was TeeDee in reply to a landlord question that got my wife interested in the Devon - Exeter area. We hadn't settled on any area and she looked at Exeter on the net and Youtube videos and said "we'll live there". :)

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE