U.S. Modulr Sleep System Intermediate Bag

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

cipherdias

Settler
Jan 1, 2014
Wales
Hi guys

Has anyone seen any of the Intermediate bags for the U.S. Modular Sleep System? Its the black bag by the way and I don't mind buying second hand.

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Hello there. Have seen a few places with the MSS Intermediate bag. I picked up the Patrol bag for $50 on sale from frontierfirearms.ca . They have the black intermediate bag for $94.95 CAD I believe. In the US I seen that the military-tent.com has the black intermediate bag for $37 USD. Varusyeleka has the Patrol bag but the black or grey intermediate is out of stock.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Good luck.
New old stock 64 € from Germany

Hello there. Would you know where the West German Tanker sleeping bag with sleeves and rubberized cover would be available? Thank you.

Erbswurst

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
The old German army sleeping bag with sleeves for the arms existed in a younger pretty bad version with detachable rubberised cover and and older extremely bad version with non detachable rubberised cover.

How masochistic are you?
Are you looking for the bad or the horrible one?

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Lmao just looking for something functional. Seen the version with the detachable rubber cover. Seen it here at a surplus shop for $150 now marked down to $120. Seems pricey to me and just looking for other options. Not terribly wanting to have one just looking for camping gear. Have seen the Austrian Goldeck made bag with openings for arms. Novelty for sure. Some may find utility in these designs. Pretty conventional myself. Thank you.

Reactions: Erbswurst

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
This German army sleeping bag is not worth the money to send it over the pond. They are totally outdated and usually have a broken filling because they are so old.

They are sold here for 20 € or whatever. I bought a few of them for 20 € all together and later sold them to a surplus shop for 15 € each. Because they are bad.
The old Goldeck sleeping bags are better but also not worth to send them over the pond. Up to 30 € is a realistic price, but no good deal.

I recommend to buy younger surplus sleeping bags and especially new military sleeping bags if affordable.

And, my dear, we usually have pretty good weather in Berlin.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
Yes I have picked up the Medium sleeping bag from the British Modular Sleeping system. Copy of the Defence 4 Carinthia. Also picked up another USGI Patrol Bag from the MSS. Looking for an Intermediate Cold weather bag to try with the Patrol Bag. Possibly looking to get a Surplus Bivy bag as well. Dutch or Canuck or British Bivy maybe KSK BW German bivy. Got a flannel Canadian liner abc used it last evening with the Patrio bag and it proved comfortable in the Coastal rainforest with a simple dome tent with mucho Ventilation being a simple mosquito screen tent with rain fly over top. Looking forward to trying out the Swedish Button tent quarters with mosquito insect bar US to fend off Black flies and noseeums and skeeters.

Erbswurst

Mar 5, 2018
Berlin
If there is no zipper in the bivvy bag it can't break.
But if you have a zipper you can ventilate it better.

Before you decide to buy one I recommend to compare the temperatures of your living area with the temperatures in Holland, Germany and Britain, especially the maximum temperatures in the summer nights.

Dutch camouflage hooped bivvy bags that are made by Fesca can develop zipper problems. That's a well known fact.

Coastal73

Tenderfoot
Feb 18, 2021
Cawston Okanagan
If there is no zipper in the bivvy bag it can't break.
But if you have a zipper you can ventilate it better.

Before you decide to buy one I recommend to compare the temperatures of your living area with the temperatures in Holland, Germany and Britain, especially the maximum temperatures in the summer nights.

Dutch camouflage hooped bivvy bags that are made by Fesca can develop zipper problems. That's a well known fact.
Hey there. Yes I have looked around at some of the military surplus offerings. Noticed a few differences and read reviews and been realizing there is a lot to consider. No zippers, Velcro closure, zippers let alone the sizes and temperatures used in. Thank you for your suggestions.

Reactions: Erbswurst

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE