U.S Military issue Wire-Saw?

Forest fella

Jul 2, 2008
Gloucestershire
Is any 1 on here up to trying to make me just the Toggle part with the tightening screws that hold the saw in place,As this is the part I'm trying to get hold of.
cheers

An ex US army guy left one with us once. "as a gift".

They may be OK for cutting a stick if you've been foolish enough to have forgot a real saw or axe, but then I think you'd have forgotten the wire saw too. And how do you sharpen them? Just more junk in my simple view.

Dec 6, 2013
N.E.Lincs.
In truth they are like any other tool, used properly and as intended they will generally do the job but like most other tools prices vary and a 99p with free post and package one from China will probably not work as well as a better quality one from a better known and recognised supplier with a reputation to uphold. I have a couple of the better quality multi strand ones (and have had for several years), neither would be my first choice for cutting through a 4" diameter piece of wood, they probably wouldn't be my second or third choice either but I would definitely choose them over nothing at all to cut with if the situation arose.

DB.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE