Two Slingshots for swaps

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Hi fellas I have two sling shots up for trade I am looking for a pre-mac water filter/ army thermal softie jacket in large with stuff sack/ or a msr kettle the slingshot on the right is cut from 20mm thick tufnol sheet very strong and shoots awesome the one on the left is cut from 25mm HDPE Sheet this to is very strong and shoots awesome they are both used but are built to last ;) any one have a pre-mac and would like to trade let me know ATB Phil.

Last edited:

Alreetmiowdmuka

Apr 24, 2013
Bolton
You not want mi wax jacket see further down listing Barbour wax jacket got a nice devold woolly jumper trade too better than a snugpak

Last edited:

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Just out of interest, What's the advantage of bands over tubes. I have always had a tube catapult (blue) but I have recently been looking around and there are many people who prefer bands and I'm just curious to the advantages/ disadvantages.

keen-edge

Nov 14, 2009
midlands
Just out of interest, What's the advantage of bands over tubes. I have always had a tube catapult (blue) but I have recently been looking around and there are many people who prefer bands and I'm just curious to the advantages/ disadvantages.
one of the advantages is speed most of my slingshots are made to be shot on there side so aiming is a lot better the disadvantage's is they don't last as long like the round ones do :)

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!

Bands offer more power, but tubes offer more life/usage. I believe this is the general understanding regarding the catty rubber! ;)

Ecoman

Sep 18, 2013
Isle of Arran
www.HPOC.co.uk
Aah nice one thanks for putting me straight. I was brought up with Black Widow catapults and the like and when I was at school they were always classed as the ultimate catty. I did have a catty with bands once but it was a cheap set up made by one of my mates. The bands just snapped one day and I drilled holes in the tips and pushed tubes through and secured with a ball bearing. I gave it to someone who has been using it ever since for his fishing.

Samon

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 24, 2011
Britannia!
Aah nice one thanks for putting me straight. I was brought up with Black Widow catapults and the like and when I was at school they were always classed as the ultimate catty. I did have a catty with bands once but it was a cheap set up made by one of my mates. The bands just snapped one day and I drilled holes in the tips and pushed tubes through and secured with a ball bearing. I gave it to someone who has been using it ever since for his fishing.

logically your rubber of choice depends wholey on your needs. If you want to hunt with it, then it's best to deliver the most accurate power you can afford/achieve. If it's beer cans and stuff then a long life and minimal power for accuracy is best.

I had a plethora of fun as a boy busting street lights and bean cans with a fishing catapult made for flinding maggots in the drink! It was only when I got older when ' power bands' as they were often advertised came into the scene.

With that in mind, buy the bands that will suit your needs best. :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE