Two jackets and a jumper

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Squidders

Aug 3, 2004
Harrow, Middlesex
First up is my Mountain Hardware Below Zero down jacket in Large - i'm a 44/46 suit and it fits me perfectly.

This is a proper down jacket, not some high-street fashion rubbish. It is a short jacket, designed to be worn above an alpine climbing harness for mountain use but would work equally well over a belt kit. I purchased it for a December trip to Russia and it was great. Since then it has had around 10 days use so 15 days total, all in civilisation. I run hot and this jacket is a furnace so I just can't wear it. It has always been stored flat and uncompressed and has a nice stuff sack. It packs to 12 x 12 x 20 cm. I can't remember how it happened but one of the days in Moscow I snagged it just by the left pocket but the taylor in the hotel fixed it immediately, the sewing is longer than the snag at about 1cm long. It took me 10 minutes to find the repair because I forgot where I caught it. It is hardly noticeable. Aside from that it is in great condition. I'm after £80 inc delivery to the UK.

attachment.php

This is the repair.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Next is a Swanndri 80% wool jumper in Large. As with the down jacket it fits me well at a 44/45 suit size.

Not much to say about this, it's really nice, the colour is dark brown and it has been worn about 5 times in total. I love it as a thing but I prefer full length zipped fleeces than anything that has to go over my head. I got it from a Swanndri outlet store in Auckland but it was made in China... apparently to NZ standards (so the label says). I will say that it feels very well put together so I don't feel the need to bash China. I'm after £45 inc delivery to the UK.

attachment.php

Lastly is a Swanndri jacket, again in Large. This is more of a casual jacket and has a nice wooden outer bonded to a fleece inner. It's very windproof and warm but again, something I have used far less than I thought. The outside is 80% wool and the lining is 100% poly fleece. I'm after £60 inc delivery to the UK.

attachment.php

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE