Two day Dartmoor Banshee 300 test

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
Took my new Banshee 300 2010 (now pitch as one or flysheet first) out to the middle of Dartmoor for an overnight test. Perfect site found by my mate last time he was out and a good time was had.
View walking in.

Camp set and fire going.

Rained all night with mist too and woke to sheep waiting to cross the stream (we were in their path). Tent was bombproof. Made the mistake of making a bivi out of my British army poncho (non-breathable) and some condensation built up in it so my Nanok Osprey bag was damp on the outside. No condensation in tent though and sun came out at breakfast to dry everything. Great trip and well impressed with the tent. My mate's Gelert 2 man stood up well too with a bit of waterproofing sprayed on it.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I've got the older model, big fan of Vango gear going back 15 years. It's usually fairly cheap and it works.

Not many hanging options up there then :) ?

zarkwon

Nomad
Mar 23, 2010
West Riding, Yorkshire
He he. Not too many (but more than the Pennines where you are (went to school there)), enough for firewood though. Got the Banshee for £59 in the sale at Yeomanoutdoors (thanks to the mate I was camping with who pointed out the deal). Bargain.

Last edited:

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
As you live in Devon mate I would have thought you would have known that you are not allowed to light a fire anywhere on the moor.:nono:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE