Twitter?

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
I signed up, i hated it. I have just deleted my facebook account. Why tell the world my buisness. Why sign up to some thing that well follows what I do around the web. Why do I need followers? why does anyone need followers? Why constrict my thoughts to 140 letters? why does anyone else care what my thoughts are. Crickey i dont care what time someone goes to bed, or eats, or daft cat pictures. I dont care about hash tags or trending.

Nice walks in the real world, thats something.

Last edited:

digitracker

Mar 29, 2012
Leeds
my thoughts are the same as xylaria. I also dont like the way that more and more forums/websites require a facebook/twitter account to sign up with them.

Nov 29, 2004
Scotland
I signed up, i hated it. I have just deleted my facebook account. Why tell the world my buisness. Why sign up to some thing that well follows what I do around the web. Why do I need followers? why does anyone need followers? Why constrict my thoughts to 140 letters? why does anyone else care what my thoughts are. Crickey i dont care what time someone goes to bed, or eats, or daft cat pictures. I dont care about hash tags or trending.

Nice walks in the real world, thats something.

+1 to that. :)

Like Chiseller I do have a google+ account, a slightly tidier and less confusing system than the one provided by Facebook, It is used mainly for sharing photos with my somewhat diasporic family, I like the fact that I can limit who sees what without getting a headache, I like the 'allegedly' limitless photo storage and I especially like the fact that they don't pester me if I don't log in for a month or two.

Good luck with the Twitter thing, the 'lifehacker' website might be worth a look though for tips and tricks.

http://lifehacker.com/twitter/

:)

Last edited:

Shambling Shaman

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 1, 2006
In The Wild
www.mindsetcentral.com
I signed up to "follow" a forum i visit but its not doing what i thourght, so have deleted it.

many many years ago i had faecbook, lasted a week or so....

thanks for a pointers but i think social media is not my thing :)

Bowlander

Nov 28, 2011
Forest of Bowland
I do Facebook for keeping up with friends, tried twittering but was swamped by updates from folk telling me what they had for breakfast or are having a baby nap.

Qwerty

Settler
Mar 20, 2011
Ireland
www.instagram.com
Twitter is first class when you know how to get the most out of it. Don't follow anyone famous, they're generally over-rated and dull. Follow you favorite bushcraft shops, groups, organizations and individuals, or any other hobby you interested in. Treat it as a short sharp news feed, updating you on something interesting. If not, unfollow is your friend.

My tips include
@woodcraftfolk
@OrkneySurvival
@ModernNorseman
@BushcraftMag
@PKirt
@woodlandways
@Bushcraft
‏@NaturlBushcraft
@FrontierBush
@EmberSurvival

And if you're not following him, @Cmdr_Hadfield is literally out of this world!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE