Twitcher heads up

Dunno if anyone here will be interested but according to a gent i spoke to today in potton (my hometown) there is currently wax wings over from scandanavia
apparently this only happens about once every ten years when the berries the wax wing eats runs out they come over to this ountry to eat ours.
anyone who's interested please feel free to pm me and i shall let you know where abouts in potton they are.

Bigfoot

Settler
Jul 10, 2010
Scotland
We had flocks of up to 700 or so flying around west of Scotland and Glasgow area around November/early December. The big flocks seem to have broken up now but I see groups of 30 or 40 on a daily basis. They seem to like Morrison's supermarkets around the country as the car parks there have rowans :)

They are beautiful birds and well worth looking out for. I was lucky enough to be standing arms' length away from a flock feeding on a small rowan. They are quite skittish though, and easily scared by passing cars and the like.

StJon

Nomad
May 25, 2006
Largs
Hi Sam
I see them around Darnley area (outskirts of Glasgow) beautiful we birds. They get their name from the red wing tip feathers that look like dripping wax. They are now my favourite bird.
jon

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
well the bloke i was politely interrogating must of mislead me
oh well they look pretty cool and sometihng i've not noticed before

He probably knows a bit but doesn't follow birds in a big way.

Beautiful creatures and a lovely 'trilling' sound when they're together.

In flight at a distance they can be mistaken for Starlings.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE