Tryfan and the glyders

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

faultline

Feb 18, 2014
Essex
Hi all,

I'm heading off to wales on Sunday, camping at the bottom of Tryfan and then tackling her on Monday morning.
We are planning on also doing glyder fach and glyder fawr.
Just looking for some peoples experiences on this hike, things to look out for etc.
I'll post some pics up upon my return!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Cumbrian

Nov 10, 2007
The Rainy Side of the Lakes.
Excellent choice of walk. Tryfan's North Ridge can be walked or scrambled at almost any grade and by dozens of different routes - link bits together to suit your own ability. You can then scramble onto Glyder Fach via Bristly Ridge or walk around it. I revisited the Glyders last year and reckon its some of the best walking in Wales.

Cheers, Michael.

Teepee

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 15, 2010
Northamptonshire
I reckon it's probably the best day out in the country. I'll never tire of the Glyderau.

Bristly ridge is a bit daunting but the right hand side of it is much easier. You can see the route from the top.

There is water to be found at Blwch Tryfan if you want to resupply. After wet conditions, you dont have to drop down far from the start of bristly ridge to get water either. It's a long day but coming down the Devils kitchen is a good way back as you drop down from the Glyders towards YGarn.

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
If you are a little uncertain about your head for heights, you can always tackle Tryfan from the Heather Terrace to Bwlch Tryfan and then heading to the summit from there. But if you are OK with heights and exposure and if you want to extend your day and are feeling fit, the North Ridge, Bristly Ridge on the Glyderau and then, to complete the circuit, heading up to Y Garn from Llyn y Cwn before a (steep) descent to Ogwen Cottage is utterly superb. If the visibility is poor, beware a descent via the Devil's Kitchen - it can be tricky and easy to lose the sense of where you are.

Good luck and have fun. I, for one, am looking forward to seeing the posted pictures!

chimpy leon

Jul 29, 2013
staffordshire
Mt Tryfan is one of my favourites. It can be as technical (i.e climby) or as relatively easy as you want and if your feeling brave you can jump from one pillar to the other (adam and eve) once you reach the summit.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE