Trousers & Pockets

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
I was wondering if anyone could point me to a pair of good outdoor trousers with a pocket on each leg on the sides above the knee kind - i need more pockets :lmao: . Currently I use craghoppers and love them but I cant find something similar or better with a pocket on each leg. Maybe I am just being blind. :eek:

Oh and with the material being a bit thicker than craghoppers as well

Cheers

Last edited:

Limaed

Apr 11, 2006
Perth
I like the US Army BDU trousers. They are a heavyweight cotton mix, lots of sizes, lots of colours, big pockets, very comfortable, quick drying. Just make sure they are genuine issue not copies.
Think they retail around £30 brand new.

Corso

Aug 13, 2007
none
I'm a big fan of Sigtac and woolrich tactical trousers but your looking at 30-40 quid a pair

I also have a set of 5.11's in Tndra - look like a dark green/khaki - again about £40 for them

but you can get them cheaper www.mandmdirect.com were doing them for a tenner but seem to be out of stock - could email them to see if they plan to get any more

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
Thanks all, some nice options there. Im tempted to save some money for the fjallraven's . Whats the material like in them?

It's a heavy cotton which is usually impregnated with their wax, if you iron them they go stiff :rolleyes:

They are hard wearing but I've managed to put a small tear in one pair by snagging a bellow pocket on something. I'm not sure what it was maybe barbed wire or thick brambles but apart from that they've been great. Fairly quick to dry too.

I've got five pairs now so they must tick the boxes for me.

Like Olle said, it's worth paying that bit extra for good quality in my book.

roelio

Mar 17, 2010
old colwyn
i love m65 combat pants,can fully recommend them i own 6 pairs

do a search on ebay for them i think they normally sell for £18 ish

very very comfy pants with pockets on both legs and come in diff colours , ie green / black / camo

hope that helps

Rebel

Native
Jun 12, 2005
Hertfordshire (UK)
Sounds like you are looking for a pair of 5.11 tactical pants.

Either the Tactical or TDU pair. The material is heavier weight than Craghoppers and harder wearing. There are cargo pockets on both sides and the TDUs have pockets within the cargo pockets.

Prices vary but they are only slightly more expensive than Craghopper at RRP.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ewk8cYXc2w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r26_v6PJ6hU&feature=related

The pants come in various materials

http://www.511tactical.com/browse/Home/Law-Enforcement/Pants/D/20100/P/1:100:10000:10100

Mar 25, 2010
scotland
i love the genuine german army moleskins, they have good pockets, very tough and very affordable.. 100% thick cotton weave too.. ideal round the fire.. i work in them and play in them..

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE