Trouser braces

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Salaud

Nomad
Aug 24, 2011
isle of man
Brimarc heavy duty 2" braces, built like tanks m8, the clips never come off by accident, available from fleabay for around a tenner, in a huge variety of colours/designs.. you can look anything from cool (ok, not really) to complete pillock depending on which you go for , I personally elect for the total tit look with multicoloured monstrosities :lmao:

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I have a pair of suspenders, they have leather loops at the ends, I don't really like the clip on type. More comfortable than a belt I think! Not taken them out camping or hiking yet. I'd think it'd cause irritation on your shoulders with them rubbing over the straps of a rucksack.

Elines

Oct 4, 2008
Leicestershire
When I have tried braces some of them have tended to slip off my shoulders - so I always fancied a pir of the sort you sometimes see in American films where the two shoulder straps join almost behind the neck and there is a long piece down to the back waistband - never come across them for sale ( but then I haven't really been looking)

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
When I have tried braces some of them have tended to slip off my shoulders - so I always fancied a pir of the sort you sometimes see in American films where the two shoulder straps join almost behind the neck and there is a long piece down to the back waistband - never come across them for sale ( but then I haven't really been looking)

They're called Y Braces - http://www.britishbraces.co.uk/shop/y-braces/ - you can even get glittery gold ones here.

Dec 24, 2011
Sheffield
I got my braces from here, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GILLSIDE-T...+braces&submit=Search&_fsub=10&_sid=132375182
They have a good selection and also do a lot of button braces which I prefer to use. I still use a belt, but suspenders are a lot better at holding up my wool trousers. I also have no trouble wearing them underneath a rucksack, the only time they can get a bit uncomfortable is when my trousers get wet they get heavier which stretches the suspenders a bit so I adjust them and the metal clip used to do that can end up right under the strap for my bag.

Rod Paradise

Oct 16, 2008
Upper Nithsdale, Dumfriesshire
I got my braces from here, http://stores.ebay.co.uk/GILLSIDE-T...+braces&submit=Search&_fsub=10&_sid=132375182
They have a good selection and also do a lot of button braces which I prefer to use. I still use a belt, but suspenders are a lot better at holding up my wool trousers. I also have no trouble wearing them underneath a rucksack, the only time they can get a bit uncomfortable is when my trousers get wet they get heavier which stretches the suspenders a bit so I adjust them and the metal clip used to do that can end up right under the strap for my bag.

You can get no sew jeans buttons (a pin comes through the jeans into the button) - cheap enough on amazon as well - to put the buttons for the braces onto your trousers - although I'm using them for leatherwork as well.

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
I got some fairly heavy-duty braces from Ebay. I use them with my fairly leather motorbike trousers.

On the bike I had to experiment with tightness to prevent pulling on the shoulders.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE