Trossachs campsites

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

musicman

Jul 24, 2008
Scotland, Glasgow
Hi all,

went up to Cobleland campsite near Aberfoyle today with the intention of staying the weekend only to discover once we got there that the minimum age for staying there had been raised to 18...sigh (we're all 17 for another few weeks). This posibility didn't even cross my mind as we were there last year a few times and had no problems. We then tried a campsite just a few minutes away from Cobleland on the road back towards Glasgow and were told that our age wasn't the problem here, but they were fully booked. Thoroughly disheartened (I'd been looking forward to this for weeks) we headed back home to Glagow. As last year was the first time I went camping, I don't know any other campsites in the region: so if anyone could advise some campsites in the Trossachs (preferably in the southern half, but will still look into sites further away) it would be greatly appreciated - still a few weeks before school starts back.

Many thanks,
musicman.

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
If your not bothered by amenities try anywhere up the east side of Loch Lomond or if your feeling a bit more adventurous get the train down to addrossan and head over to arran the glen rosa campsite is nice or theres one at the north end of the island thats a bit more commercialized.

Theres' also a campsite at duck bay that I've been to a couple of times, but its strictly no fires, as weve been told every time we visit.

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
The campsite on Inchcailloch(the first island out from Balmaha) is nice. Don't really know what the arrangement is(think you maybe have to book it) but there's a wee boat that ferrys you out and a composting toilet. It's pretty cosy.

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
You don't say if you drive or not....if you do a terrific place is Galloway forest park just outside Dalmellington on the road between Ayr and Newton Stewart.

It's a good place down at loch Doon , Fresh water can be had at the Roundhouse toilets and theres a cafe thing there too. It can get a bit busy in good weather unless you go deeper into the woods.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
The campsite on Inchcailloch(the first island out from Balmaha) is nice. Don't really know what the arrangement is(think you maybe have to book it) but there's a wee boat that ferrys you out and a composting toilet. It's pretty cosy.

You have to book it via SNH. The booking gets you the loo key.

You will find many sites now don't allow grps. Especially of boys.

Nick

PS I have a week left too.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE