Troms, Norway in summer

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
Some of you have been to Norway and done some bushy things. But it may be worth the trip in the summer too.
Here is a little vid I found on the net that will serve nicely to tell you why:

[video=vimeo;56521542]http://vimeo.com/56521542[/video]

The video is from Senja, which is between Harstad and Tromsø in Troms county. But everywhere here is basically the same type of landscape.

Last edited:

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
Man. My country is even more dead and boring than I thought. Is it hard to emigrate to Norway for Europeans?

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
Man. My country is even more dead and boring than I thought. Is it hard to emigrate to Norway for Europeans?

If your country is a member of the EU, you can simply get on a plane and come here. You don't even have to aply for anything. All you need is a job. But we are literally screaming for skilled labour, and unemployment is less than 3%.
So if you have an education and/or skills, it's doable.

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
If your country is a member of the EU, you can simply get on a plane and come here. You don't even have to aply for anything. All you need is a job. But we are literally screaming for skilled labour, and unemployment is less than 3%.
So if you have an education and/or skills, it's doable.

Thanks! That's good news. I'm keeping that in mind.

addo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 8, 2006
Derbyshire
Great videos. The first one chilled me out, and then I was ready to laugh along with the second :)

Skaukraft

Settler
Apr 8, 2012
Norway
Same country, but some 1100 kilometers south from Troms. The municipality of Rendalen in Hedmark County.

[video=youtube;7jMKZCrobig]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jMKZCrobig[/video]

Last edited:

jacko1066

Native
May 22, 2011
march, cambs
Some of you have been to Norway and done some bushy things. But it may be worth the trip in the summer too.
Here is a little vid I found on the net that will serve nicely to tell you why:

[video=vimeo;56521542]http://vimeo.com/56521542[/video]

The video is from Senja, which is between Harstad and Tromsø in Troms county. But everywhere here is basically the same type of landscape.

That looks amazing Bumbler!!!

I must admit Norway is on my list of places to visit!!

Can I ask you a couple of questions if you dont mind?

What is the weather normally like this time of year? A full on summer trip will be out of the question for me, but this sort of time might be good.

Do the wild camping rules change much in the warmer months?

Atb
Steve

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
canada have much more more of it i guess.
i'd say scandinavia is mostly rural with pockets of wilderness.

for fun i checked wikipedia, it says canada has 3,41 inhabitants per km2, norway has 15,5.
and for reference uk has 255,6

Niels

Mar 28, 2011
Netherlands
canada have much more more of it i guess.
i'd say scandinavia is mostly rural with pockets of wilderness.

for fun i checked wikipedia, it says canada has 3,41 inhabitants per km2, norway has 15,5.
and for reference uk has 255,6

English are lucky. Netherlands have 490 per km2. ​

Steffen

Forager
Jun 13, 2010
Norway
What is the weather normally like this time of year? A full on summer trip will be out of the question for me, but this sort of time might be good.

weather can be anything, really.
4 seasons in one day is not uncommon at this time of year in the middle/north.
but in nordland, its have been 0-8 degrees, with sun, rain and snow the last 1-2weeks.

the only rule that changes is the fire ban.
(ban means make sure thats its responsible to light a fire)

Bumbler

Nomad
Feb 22, 2013
Norway
www.bushcraft.no
That looks amazing Bumbler!!!

I must admit Norway is on my list of places to visit!!

Can I ask you a couple of questions if you dont mind?

Atb
Steve

Up here we still have snow on the ground this year, and it's in the middle of the snow melt. So we have ecverything from 1 to 100 cm of rotten snow. I was out on foot this weekend, and was suddenly upp to my hips in snow.

Her eis the vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kj7U2yTVKlk

And as said earlier, you may have all 4 seasons in one day. Today for example, the sun was shining will we had snow flurries in the air....

Wild camping rules are more or less the same year round, except you may not cross cultivated land in summer. Grass fields are also included in cultivated land, and close the gates.

Rune

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE