Trips into the wild!!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TobyH

Forager
Apr 4, 2006
Deepest, Darkest Suffolk
I'm reasonably new to bushcraft but the problem I have at the moment is working out exactly how you organise where to go out on a trip into the wilderness to practice your skills, is it just a matter of turning up somewhere you like the look of and running off into the wilds with free abandon, or (as I think might be the case) is there far more planning! How do you find places that are happy for you to camp overnight and have fires...?

I'd be interested in finding out about people/companies that do this sort of thing, and abroad too...

Any advice greatfully received!

Zammo

Settler
Jul 29, 2006
London
Unfortunately that isn't the case.

Unless you go to Scotland, which seems to actually encourage wild camping, its a case of approaching the land owner to gain persmission to wild camp and light fires.

Do a search on here for wild camping and it'll pull up loads of info.

Plus you want to go with a little bit of knowledge and preperation, in case of emergency.

dwardo

Bushcrafter through and through
Aug 30, 2006
Nr Chester
Have a good look at the "out and about" sections and if you like the look of anywhere PM the person and ask for futher details.... If its a private bit of land they might not have the authority to give you permission to go there but if not you never know your luck.

There are also the bushcraft meetings (check the calendar button above) and there are official sites that allow bushcrafty kinda stuff such as www.yellowwood.co.uk no affiliation etc....

Im off there tomorrow morning actually :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE