Tripod and pot euro 33

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Just saw something on ebay that might interest some of you.
A tripod and 10L (2 gal) pot. Its on the German ebay site "buy it now" euro 33. They don't take paypal apparently, so you have to pay by bank transfer.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Gulasch-Kessel-1...8QQihZ001QQcategoryZ19811QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ps: the seller has different sized pots available

I also found a "Gulasch Kanone" sort of a stove type thing with a built-in pot. They say that they deliver only to Grossdeutschland.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Gulasch-Kanone-E...2QQihZ001QQcategoryZ81299QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
gulash.jpg

tripod2.jpg

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Ooooh I want some of them :D
Cheers for the link :You_Rock_

I buy linen thread from Germany, bank charges add £20 to an order of under £20, so, I went to the post office and bought Euros and just posted them. Seller was happy, he'd no fees either. I know it's risky but so far (six times) it's worked fine :)
Might be worth asking; Germans like formal though, so be ultra polite in the English you put into Google language tools for translation.

atb,
Toddy

Matt Weir

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 22, 2006
Tyldesley, Lancashire.
That's quite a coincidence as I went to an army surplus store yesterday asking about a cooking tripod.

They didn't have any and I was jokingly told that ' Ray Mears would make his own' :eek:

Matt.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
It usually works out a lot cheaper for me, here in Ireland, to buy from Germany rather than the UK, because we are in the euro zone. Postage is normally lower too.

The tripod and pot seller says that he welcomes inquiries in English.
Email: mms@bonus-discount.de

Postage within Germany is euro 10. I usually find postage is about double to Ireland so id reckon about euro 20 should cover it. The pots are enamel which are good but not ideal.

Mikey P

Nov 22, 2003
Glasgow, Scotland
anthonyyy said:
Just saw something on ebay that might interest some of you.
A tripod and 10L (2 gal) pot. Its on the German ebay site "buy it now" euro 33. They don't take paypal apparently, so you have to pay by bank transfer.

http://cgi.ebay.de/Gulasch-Kessel-1...8QQihZ001QQcategoryZ19811QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ps: the seller has different sized pots available

I also found a "Gulasch Kanone" sort of a stove type thing with a built-in pot. They say that they deliver only to Grossdeutschland.
http://cgi.ebay.de/Gulasch-Kanone-E...2QQihZ001QQcategoryZ81299QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I would urge caution with these. When I'm not in this dump of a place, I live in Germany and see a lot of these around the bazaars. They're more for ornamental use (flowers and that) than proper cooking. There are some more substantial ones around which you see in the DIY centres (like Toom and Practika) but they are much more expensive.

I could be wrong with these ones but I doubt it and I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed.

anthonyyy

Settler
Mar 5, 2005
ireland
Mikey P said:
I would urge caution with these. When I'm not in this dump of a place, I live in Germany and see a lot of these around the bazaars. They're more for ornamental use (flowers and that) than proper cooking. There are some more substantial ones around which you see in the DIY centres (like Toom and Practika) but they are much more expensive.

I could be wrong with these ones but I doubt it and I wouldn't want anyone to be disappointed.

Makes sense, you generally get what you pay for.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I was thinking about using them for dyebaths when I'm doing workshops in woodlands and the like.
Ah well, we'll see :)

cheers,
Toddy

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE