Trip to Knoydart/Moidart (Looking for companions)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chips

Banned
Oct 7, 2008
scotland
Hey

I am going on a trip through kyoydart/moidart, doing bushcraft, camping with tarps and living off the land. My companion bailed out at the last minute, so does anyone else fancy coming? It'll be for up to 2 weeks, but could be less if you want. We could start walking in from fort william, or walk in from inverie or whatever, I'm flexible. When we leave can be today, or tomorrow or until a few days after that. I have holiday time booked and no one to go with. I am experienced. PM me if you are interested, or if you have questions, I can get food if we split the costs.

I am 18 years old and living in Scotland. I have a lot of gear and knowledge, and can pass that on if you don't know everything.

We can do a lot of gill netting and other bushcrafty things like longlines. I have a lot of experience with commercial fishing. To clarify, this is legal. This will be done in the sea.
The nets will all be multi-monofilament. The mesh sizes will be 120mm for targetting pollack, and 55mm for mackerel. We will catch other species in the nets too, like cod, herring and dogs(that's dogfish, not barking dogs before anyone complains). The catching of other species with these nets is allowed as long as the percentages stay the right side of certain specifications. They will be set in a way to minamise the hazards to migratory fish. Cetation bycatch will be minimised.

Thank you.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE