triangular blade

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hi. just wondered if anyone knows what this blade is. Marked W.H. CLAY Sheffield 1939 and A.M with crown over it. Blade is triangular and 6 inches long. Also has slight indents on all sides. IMAG0069.jpgIMAG0068.jpg

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hi brambles. It is carbon steel and it has got no file cuts in it at all. Edges are quite sharp. and also the indents just past the tip on all sides. Demographic, I will look up the bearing scraper.

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
Hi again Demographic. looked at Babbitt scrapers, they look more like little spoons. this looks like a thick triangular stiletto. Have a copy of a medieval bodkin blade but it is a lot slimmer.

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
Hi Demographic. looked up bearing scrapers on E bay, found similar to mine, so thanks for your suggestion

Grand, I sometimes see the scrapers on my local secondhand tool store but as I don't have a ships engine in need of a rebuild I've not got any.
Nice looking things though aren't they?

woodpoet

Mar 16, 2012
Walthamstow
They certainly are. I will find some use for it even if I make a couple of steels from it. Would be a shame though to cut it up. Maybe useful for carving.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE