Trevor Ablett knife

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Coventry and Warwickshire
Dont use it too much though - on mine I have stained the Antler yellow with sweat and grime, the blade is patinated black and if you look near the ricasso you can see that I have sharpened away a quarter of the blade width!

Ablett Clip Point by British Red, on Flickr

Love that knife!

It's nice to see a knife that's been used! The pruner I use most days is well stained, ropey looking but functional- will probably retire it and stick the ablett in my pocket instead...I'll put a pic on in a years time...sure it'll look pretty mucky by then!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Arrived today, love it already! What a brilliant little knife, fits beautifully in the hand. Am I right in thinking that Trevor ablett has stopped making knives for the moment?

Many thanks for an excellent transaction, cheers guys j

Dave

Hill Dweller
Sep 17, 2003
Brigantia
Hi Joab, I dont know, I bought it from his dealer, who said, he wont be around forever, so people are buying them up and just keeping them in drawers. But that one you got was one of a kind. He didnt have any others.

uncleboob

Dec 28, 2012
Hi Joab, I dont know, I bought it from his dealer, who said, he wont be around forever, so people are buying them up and just keeping them in drawers. But that one you got was one of a kind. He didnt have any others.

...well, it won't be be on a drawer, in fact I've brought it with me to work today- it's sitting in my pocket ready to take some cuttings this afternoon. Cheers mate j

knifefan

Nov 11, 2008
Lincolnshire
Trevor has not "stopped" making knives, but I believe he is receiving medical treatment this summer and as a result he won't be working :) Having said that his knives have varied considerably in the quality dept' in the past. Most people who have bought in the past know that it is always a bit of a lottery in what you may receive :) But lets face it - for the price point you get a good usable knife :) :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE