Trapping Techniques

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
As some of you know I have been stalking the rarest and most beautiful of creatures for a little over seven years now. Lately I have realised that although my field craft has been patient and I have moved oh so very slowly, the time was ripe to move in for the coup de grace. The signs were there, but, as I'm sure you all know, until you take the shot - you just don't don't know how it will end up.

I'm delighted to confess that, having gained the trust of my quarry, the trap was well and truly sprung and today, I ringed her and released her. Clearly she will have to be ringed again soon to track her migration!

2168841812_aebd60f936.jpg

Red

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
I've said it before and I'll say it again...

CONGRATULATIONS to the both of you and may you both enjoy your togetherness for many more years to come.

LS

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
Nice rocks mate!
Congrats again - I never actually got officially engaged so my missus only got one ring - which she outgrew, enlarged, outgrew again and finally lost!
It is nice to know that even unringed specimiens do not always run off!

g4ghb

Sep 21, 2005
Wiltshire
Congratulations mate! :D - I shouldn't let her migrate too far though! ;)

Did you manage to supprise her? Is always best to 'take the inititave' I think! :)

Chopper

Native
Sep 24, 2003
Kent.
Congratulations to you both and well done. :35: :35: :35: :35: :35:

Those stones would look great set in to a knife handle !!!! :D :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve: :approve:

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Congratulations mate! :D - I shouldn't let her migrate too far though! ;)

Did you manage to supprise her? Is always best to 'take the inititave' I think! :)

No mate (other than asking her). If given my head I would have bought something a little larger than the one that the Titanic hit, but she wanted "something to say eternity - the time we should spend together" :eek:.

I knew she was beautiful the first time I saw her. But when she came shooting with me becuase she wanted to share my hobbies I knew it was love. Since then she has made a full Chinese banquet with fresh ingredients (over an open fire), come shooting and skinned what we shot, commissioned me a custom Lee Reeves axe as a surprise present, told me to give up work and go back to small holding (although she offered to continue to work to clear the mortgage), told me to come in from the cold and carve in the Living Room, hed the pipe while I filtered wine in the kitchen and advised me to grow vinegar cultures in the airing cupboard.

I can't begin to describe how happy I am - not to be engaged but just to be with her and the luckiest man alive

Red

crazyclimber

Need to contact Admin...
Jul 20, 2007
UK / Qatar
:D I wondered what that was all about until the pic eventually appeared! Congratulations!!!
You sound like the happiest man on Earth - by the sound of it I really don't blame you!!
Hope things go well!

BOD

No mate (other than asking her). ...she has made a full Chinese banquet with fresh ingredients (over an open fire), come shooting and skinned what we shot, commissioned me a custom Lee Reeves axe as a surprise present, told me to give up work and go back to small holding (although she offered to continue to work to clear the mortgage), told me to come in from the cold and carve in the Living Room, hed the pipe while I filtered wine in the kitchen and advised me to grow vinegar cultures in the airing cupboard.

Doesn't have a sister by any chance??:D

Glen

Life Member
Oct 16, 2005
London
Congrats!

I think I can safely bet that'll be one bride who'll have no trouble cutting the wedding cake.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE