Transporting stuff.

  • The awesome MakerMoot is coming up (13-15th Nov 2026), Visit the TORM & ARM markets,and have space back at camp to work on projects and enjoy great company. PLEASE CLICK HERE for more information.

Tengu

Full Member
Jan 10, 2006
14,366
2,455
53
Wiltshire
I am trying to limit my Scotland kit but its too much for the car.

My clothing (work) is three banana boxes!

Im trying to limit my books to one box but that is hard.

Is there an affordable courier that will ship boxes? What do you do?
 
Can you fit a roof rack? Put lightweight stuff on the roof if so.

I always had estate cars - even then, sometimes, with a roof rack. I currently have a 110 with roof rack and, if necessary, a trailer so I don't usually have a problem.

Try getting some prices from Parcel2go - you'll need dimensions as well as weights.

 
Do you know any small transport companies? Where I used to work I got to know a few local companies. One guy ran a few box vans, one with a drag that took 22 pallets but also had a van. If you could stack your stuff on a pallet or two then pallet wrap /cling film it, if it's stable you could get a pallet service.

Alternatively van rental. You might get an astravan of kangol sized one is enough or a transit sized.
 

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE