Trangia pots on a fire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ryback

Feb 9, 2009
Oslo, Norway
I have had no problem with trangia pots on open fires. The non stick kind might not take extreme heat. Just a general warning I have heard from at the hardware store when it comes to non-stick cookware. I don't know if it applies to the trangia cookware.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I`ll second that

I used a set of Bulldog ally cans for ages without any problems.

They can be harder to clean the soot off than stainless if it bothers you

What he said, no problem.

On a sad note, the big pot off my 40+ year old Bulldog Billy set got crushed:( It's partly my fault, I left some pans out the back and I've had builders in doing work. I presume it was bashed by bricks or something, very peed off about it. I've still got a newer set, only about 30 years old.

I'll buy a set of clones off eBay.

squantrill

Nomad
Mar 28, 2008
The Never lands!
www.basiclife.eu
Could you use trangia pot/pan/kettles on an open fire or BBQ or would it be too hot?

Depends which trangia your on about I have the swedish army trangia and it is on the fire all the time it even has a hook to hang it up ;)
I only notice that the smaller pan catches aight alot in extreem heat but that could be the height not enough and fat burning ;)

Simon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE