Trangia MultiFuel X2

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
This is news to me, probably not to most, but naturally, having just bought the multifuel and gas burners for my Trangia, the buggers have gone all Omnifuel on us...

"Multifuel burner that works with gas, petrol, diesel and kerosene. The natural choice for demanding situations such as expeditions or winter tours!
The burner is delivered with 2 jets. 0,32 mm is mounted in the burner and is for cartridge gas, white gas and petrol. The jet marked 28 is for kerosene and diesel."

http://www.trangia.se/english/2941.news_from_trangia.html

Does anyone have any experience of this burner yet?

basha

Forager
Aug 9, 2006
kent
Couple that with a Honey stove or suitably sized hobo stove and you'll be pretty well set up for anything. Looks good.

I couldn't see a UK supplier.

Mastino

Settler
Mar 8, 2006
Netherlands
Isn't that the Primus one? I have the Trangia (Primus) gas burner, the Optimus Nova adaptor and ye good ole alcohol burner. Gives me much more flexibility, 'cause I can use the Nova stand-alone as well.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Isn't that the Primus one? I have the Trangia (Primus) gas burner, the Optimus Nova adaptor and ye good ole alcohol burner. Gives me much more flexibility, 'cause I can use the Nova stand-alone as well.

And with a click stand you could have three stoves going at once - I was a bit bugged what I'd just bought both my adapters when I saw this, but now I think I'm more flexible! Every cloud n all that :)

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
Not to pee on your post AJB but some of us have being using Omnifuels in Trangia's for a few years;) and other stoves although the Omnifuel is the best all round solution as it will burn gas too but don't use diesel fuel, its very messy.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
I don't really understand your post Rik, I know the omnifuel has been around for a while and Tragia's Nova liquid fuel and aditional gas adapters have been around for years, but Trangia's Omnifuel was launched a couple of weeks ago according to Trangia - did I miss your point?

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
I don't really understand your post Rik, I know the omnifuel has been around for a while and Tragia's Nova liquid fuel and aditional gas adapters have been around for years, but Trangia's Omnifuel was launched a couple of weeks ago according to Trangia - did I miss your point?

Sorry AJB, you can mount the burners off several stoves in Trangia's, as I've done over the years. No point in buying the multifuel, get the Nova or Omnifuel and that way if your not using the Trangia setup, put the legs back on your burner and you have a stand alone stove again.

AJB

Native
Oct 2, 2004
Lancashire
Sorry AJB, you can mount the burners off several stoves in Trangia's, as I've done over the years. No point in buying the multifuel, get the Nova or Omnifuel and that way if your not using the Trangia setup, put the legs back on your burner and you have a stand alone stove again.

Ah - I understand what you meant now :) I knew there was one for the Nova multifuel but I didn't think there was a mounting kit for the Omnifuel. Got a link?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE