Trangia? Missing parts?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stewartwilcock

Jul 12, 2021
Warrington, Warrington
Hi
Not sure if this will work
So my dad gave me what looks like a trangia cook set but no actual trangia there is a central tube with a wick around the sides a red plastic perforated insert but no defuser it has an air control on the bottom
Has anyone come across this before and if so are there parts missing and how dose it work
Cheers
Stewart

Last edited:

C_Claycomb

Moderator staff
Mod
Oct 6, 2003
Bedfordshire
Sorry, no picture. If you do not have a paid membership, you will need to load the photo to something like Flikr, Imgur, or other photo hosting web site, then use a link to get the image to show here.

Your description does not paint a picture of anything I have seen, but then I am not an alcohol stove aficionado.

stewartwilcock

Jul 12, 2021
Warrington, Warrington
Sorry, no picture. If you do not have a paid membership, you will need to load the photo to something like Flikr, Imgur, or other photo hosting web site, then use a link to get the image to show here.

Your description does not paint a picture of anything I have seen, but then I am not an alcohol stove aficionado.

Cheers for that

matarius777

Forager
Aug 29, 2019
Lancaster
I really like the heating part with the simmer, looks like you can really control the flame, I have a couple of the Swedish Army Ranger stove sets that are similar to the Optimus 77A. I really like the design of the windshield, all the heat gets used- nowhere for it to escape up the sides. Shame there’s no simmer ring, although I use an alternative one. Not so keen on the dimpled frying pan (if that’s what it is).

stewartwilcock

Jul 12, 2021
Warrington, Warrington
I really like the heating part with the simmer, looks like you can really control the flame, I have a couple of the Swedish Army Ranger stove sets that are similar to the Optimus 77A. I really like the design of the windshield, all the heat gets used- nowhere for it to escape up the sides. Shame there’s no simmer ring, although I use an alternative one. Not so keen on the dimpled frying pan (if that’s what it is).
Hi there
There is a lever at the bottom to control flame size so you can simmer I have my doubts about the dimpled frying pan out this weekend see what it's like

Reactions: matarius777

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE