Trangia Clone Set Heads Up !

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
£18.99

http://www.sportsdirect.com/karrimor-cook-set-and-burner-787083?colcode=78708390

78708390_l.jpg

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
That looks OK, But hopefully Aldi/Lidl will have their clones out again this summer, I think I paid about a fiver for my clone, no kettle though.

wingstoo

May 12, 2005
South Marches
I bought another burner to use with it if necessary, Got it from Lurch and it's stainless steel, just can't recall the name at the moment.

ADz-1983

Native
Oct 4, 2012
Hull / East Yorkshire
lol @ sportsdirect original price. £44 is ridiculous.

You can get these same exacts sets for about £11-15 in some places as various companies re-brand them. I cant remember of top of head teh places though as it was about a year back when I was first looking into getting a Trangia set. I ended up with 2 older trangia sets and one of the above sets, then flogged them all on again and got the real Trangia 27-6. I have since flogged the 27-6 aswell but think I'll get another one day.

I wouldnt worry about changingthe burner its not a great deal better and in my tests a shoe polish tin wit th meths poured in did just as well even the closed popcan stoves that geta little pressure dont improve much over that .
Meths isnt for making quick noisy brews any way or for lieht weight if over more than a couple of days
The Lidil priceits orth having one to try

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE