Trangia Billy Can

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Does anyone own/use one of these? If so can it be used on a Trangia cooker? any other advice tips regarding this pot?

just to be clear, it is a Trangia branded billy can i am asking about as seen here:
cookerypot1pc.jpg

Thank you in anticipation of your replies :)

apj1974

Nomad
Nov 17, 2009
Lancashire. UK
www.apj.org.uk
I don't have one, but I think they can be used on a trangia cooker (you will notice that the pot stands can take something wider than your frying pan, this is it!) although not sure how good they are with the meths burner as they will be quite far from it, you might need multifuel or gas.

Also the whole trangia fits inside it for transport. (just make sure you get the right one, there are two sizes, for the 25 and the 27)

dave1942

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 15, 2005
Hemel Hempstead
I have a Trangia cookset that I believe is no longer made. It comprises of a 2.5 litre billy can as shown in the post, two inner pots, a 1.4 litre kettle, a fry pan and a pot lifter. The large billy can fits the small trangia cooker with the support lugs out. The two inner pots fit the large trangia cooker but the kettle and fry pan do not fit either cooker properly but are useable. If you are contemplating buying the billy can PM me first before you splash the cash as I do not use mine and it is almost as new.

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
thank you both for your replies. I did assume that the billy could be used on a Trangia cooker, but could only find reference to the cooker fitting inside the billy for transport - hence me asking here.

Thanks for the offer Dave PM has been sent :)

forestwalker

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
IIRC they will fit on the larger Trangia cookset in "skillet" mode, but (a) I have never tried this, and (b) they would heat fairly slowly in that mode. I discovered by accident a few weeks ago that the 3.5 L (16 cm?) Zebra will bit nicely in a full size Trangia. Not packed, of course, but for cooking .

Humpback

On a new journey
Dec 10, 2006
1/4 mile from Bramley End.
I have the larger 4.5 version of this which I use on my large Trangia set (25) the one in your picture will work with the 27 (smaller) set. However I use mine with a trangia multifuel or gas attachment as the meths stove does not have sufficient power to boil this volume effectively.
Alan

Last edited:

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
Thanks everyone for your replies, have decided to get one and try it out - as sometimes I do feel the need for a slightly bigger pot, and would feel a lot happier using one of these on a camp fire, as opposed to the 'regular' Trangia pots.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE