Trangia Adapter dimensions

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Hi All,

I have a Chinese Nova+ clone and want to use the trangia adapter with my Meta 50 pan set, but looking at the burner "bowl" it appears bigger than a Trangia burner hole. The Meta measures 85mm. Would some kind sole please measure the Trangia burner hole to see whether they are compatible please. If not I'll have to make something up!

Thanks.

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Okay then...I've cobbled something together as a trial run and it is perfectly feasible to mount the clone burner in the Meta 50. I used the bottom of a coffee can (exactly the right size!) and a small screw top lid as a spirit cup. Any production run would use a 3 mm ali disc instead:

IMAG0337.jpg

IMAG0336.jpg

It boils fast using the Meta pans: 500ml tap water, in 8c air temp boiled in 3 mins 20 secs. The problem arose is that I want(ed) to take this system to the arctic with me next year BUT the Meta is about the same size as a Trangia 27 so quite small and putting a larger pan 20cm etc on top meant that the burner was too far away from the surface of the pan seriously reducing effectiveness and using more fuel to heat the same amount of water.

To give you an idea, 500 ml in a proper kettle took 6min 30 secs and using a Tatonka 1.6l kettle (a bailed pan) took 7mins 30 secs. I cannot make the burner any higher unless I totally forego the Meta pans and just use it as a wind shield which seems fairly pointless given the natural wind screening material that will be about!

A couple of closer photos of the adapter:

IMAG0340.jpg

IMAG0341.jpg

Seems the Peak One clone may be going instead so I can use that with bigger pans- that too boils in 3 mins 30 secs. Sometimes ideas just don't come to fruition!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE