Trangia 27 vs Swedish Army stove?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Omega

Jul 11, 2004
UK
Could you tell me if Trangia 27 has much advantage over Swedish Army stove? Yes, they are both manufactured by the same company,Trangia 27 has one more pan and one more windshield (according to website data), but does it really worth paying at least £25 extra for this?

Is the quality of Trangia 27 much better than of the Army stove? Or pans are better made?

Regards,

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
well they are diffrent. And mine are made from diffrent company's. My millitary one has Svea marking on it. ( Svea is now part of optimus ). The millitary one is much slower to start up, it sits on the ground directly. So it's not insulated from the ground. The Cilivians models have there burners raised from the ground. Also the pans of the millitary are long oval shaped, making it a bit hard to fry a hamburger or whatever. The big round pan of the civilians one is way handier.

Which is beter really depend on how you intend to use it. The millitary one is more suited wenn your primairly cooking on a wood fire and still want a stove capability. The civilian is beter for stove use.

Omega

Jul 11, 2004
UK
Thank you for reply.

I intend to burn only meths, but, well, you never know. In your opinion, does it worth paying extra for Trangia 27? Trangia 27 is about 3.5 more expensive than Swedish Army stove. From one point of view, they are both cheap, but from the other- I can get some nice Primus for the price of Trangia 27.

It is just I hate having things which I do not use, so for me it is a quesiton of either Swedish Army stove or Trangia 27.

Regards,

PC2K

Settler
Oct 31, 2003
The Netherlands, Delft
wheather it is worth is all personall.

if you like to cook on a stove, don't cook much on woodfire's, like to fry things, like easy stiring (stiring in a oval pan is kinda weird ), like options like dualsal pans (allu outside, steel inside) or teflon coatings, like the possiblity to modify it to add a gas or multifuel burner, than the trangia 27 ( or 25 ) is the one for you. I have seen a lot of clones, which usually are cheaper.

if you were a little earlier than you could have bought a very inexpensive trangia clone from the Lidl.

if you cook a lot on woodfire's, want rugged system, are low on budget and just want a system that can occasionally be used with a stove, than go for the millitary one.

Just my 2 cents.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE