Trail Bread

• Thread starter bluemountaingunworks
  • Start date
  • Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
B

bluemountaingunworks

I recently stumbled across a recipe for a hearty and quick trail food used by both British and Colonial troops in the Americas.
The ingredients are as follows: 1 cup honey to 2 cups flour. I am allergic to honey and have opted to use molasses instead. To prepare just mix well, spoon into a greased loaf pan or muffin tin, and bake at 350 degrees F( I don't know the C conversion-sorry) until done. If your batter does not fall off the spoon, add just a tad a water. You do not want it runny though. When filling your tins, stay well below the half-way mark or you end up with a little spill. The finished product will be a dense and difficult to destroy in the woods bread that goes a long way! I've decided to try a few variations on this basic theme such as using different whole grain flours, and adding nuts and dried fruit. I'll post the results!
This is something that is just as practical today as it was over 200 years ago. It is also cheap and easy! Enjoy and God Bless! Jerry

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE