Tracking with dogs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

moocher

Mar 26, 2006
Dorset
bavarian mountain hounds have their own uk society now.i like the usa hunters style of scent dogs that tree game or bring it to bay like the little curdogs and plott hounds.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
I'm looking at getting a dachshund for this type of thing - they're easily the most popular type of dogs here and still pretty well used as a working breed for trailing. I could be tempted by a terrier but they don't really seem to have a working terrier tradition over here.

Dogs in Poland

When I stayed in Golostowice, near Strezlin,south of Wroclaw, the smallholder in the village we stayed at, my mates Great Aunt, had a wee terrier come daschund called 'Mischu', little bear, to ward off Wolves and allegedly bears.

Most householders had guard dogs for keeping wolves and foxes away from livestock, mainly chicken. There was huge tracts of untouched boreal forrest down there.

Must go back as the whole self sufficient, through neccesity, was amazing.

Nick

Nyayo

Forager
Jun 9, 2005
Gone feral...
Hmm, I'm the owner of 1 hyperactive, remarkably stupid (but noble) springer. Took him on as a much abused rescue dog - he's absolutely rubbish with other people, but is great when we're alone and tracking - he automatically goes into 'quiet mode' when I hunker down to look at spoor - we've just come back from Snowdon, and we managed to get within ~5m of 2 roe deer in thick woodland. However, beware of spaniels - they are very boingy!

Ede

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE