tracking USA

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Joff

Forager
Jul 31, 2005
Somerset
Hi everyone

I was lucky enough to be in the States until Thursday. Unfortunately mainly working. However I was in the White Mountains in New Hampshire and on the last night it snowed.

The following morning, on the way to the airport, I stopped for a quick walk in the woods with the idea of hopefully seeing some tracks. Well I wasn't disappointed! Firstly I came across fox tracks - the animal was definitely on the look out for food judging by its movements. Then I came across lagomorph tracks (still not 100% sure what it was but I think snowshoe hare) and these were crisscrossed all over the area. The tracks were very relaxed and the animal just seemed to be ambling around! Then finally I found racoon tracks near a river.

For a quick walk in the woods it turned out to be a great way to spend an hour before my flight. Fantastic. It just goes to show that if you keep your eyes open and you are mildly obsessed about tracking ....

Happy tracking!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE