Tracking Shoes " Sneaky Boots "

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

crosslandkelly

A somewhat settled
Jun 9, 2009
North West London
Got a link to the earthing moccs @woodsorrel ?

i havent had issues with the vivo's with slipping and been using em for round 6 years

Some good designs and reasonable prices Sam, but woo woo science.

Some good designs and reasonable prices Sam, but woo woo science.
I can do Woo Woo Colin :O_O:

• Haha
Reactions: crosslandkelly
@Man of Tanith, here's a link to the mocs I purchased. You can choose from several styles. I chose a "boot-like" moccasin. I have no experience using them outside yet because of the Coronavirus, and because I haven't recovered from the fall I described in my previous post.

Men's Earthing Moose Hide Leather Moccasin Boots

If your foot is a half-size, order the *smaller* size below yours. They tend to run big. Also, a snug moc will stretch, but a loose moccasin is useless.

I hope this helps.

- Woodsorrel

Reactions: Man of Tanith

sunndog

May 23, 2014
derbyshire
Moccasins and stuff are all well and good but remember hunters wear everything from military boots to wellies.

Footwear that "feels" is great but only a small part of stalking fieldcraft will get you closer than anything

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Moccasins and stuff are all well and good but remember hunters wear everything from military boots to wellies.

Footwear that "feels" is great but only a small part of stalking fieldcraft will get you closer than anything

Maybe you want to post a thread on that? I only intend to get closer to get Photos. Which means pretty close. A rifle/bow has an advantage of distance.

Herman30

Native
Aug 30, 2015
Finland
A rifle/bow has an advantage of distance.
You can have too.

TStele.jpg

Reactions: TeeDee

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Toddy has a point, simple plimsoles might be the answer. (and not very different to the dive boots I wear on the beach)

The americans call them `sneakers` for a reason...

And they will be a lot cheaper than many other options. (except making your own, which I think is a good thing to at least consider)

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I'm thinking anything with a hard or even semi hard sole won't do.
So i'm thinking of a blanket or paracord weave type net shoe.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I make my own slippers. I use cotton fabric, but I sew on an outer sole of scrap fleece fabric. These are silent in use, don't slip, but they're not waterproof...I've nipped out in a hurry to bring the washing in and discovered just how not waterproof they are. I used to use wool offcuts, really good wool offcuts, but they're the same as the fleece and they wear out more quickly.
Leather soles are slippy, especially on wet grass, but if you beeswax them then it both waterproofs them and somehow stops them slipping
Haven't tried paracord weave though.
I do wander quite safely in Summer just using a ladies version of those plimsoles, and they are quiet, dry, and non slip and comfortable.....and if they get too muddy (it's me, there's always mud :rolleyes: ) then they do fine in the washing machine :)

Reactions: TeeDee

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE